Rain and cooler weather are in the forecast! We’re looking forward to that as summer winds down. The Fall CSA season begins in two weeks. We have just a few whole/half shares of Fall produce remaining available, so let us know soon if you’re interested in the Fall season.
Here’s the expected harvest this week:
Full Share: Tomatoes, Pea shoots, Pears, Spaghetti squash, Melon, Eggplant, Sweet potato leaves (double portion), Okra (double portion), Black eyed peas or peppers, Garlic, Shallots, Rosemary, Basil
Half Share: Sunflower Sprouts, Cucumber or Squash, Spaghetti squash, Sweet potato leaves, Okra (double portion), Garlic, Rosemary, Basil
Try out this super simple spaghetti squash Alfredo with your squash this week!
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole (source)
2 spaghetti squash
1 jar (10-15 oz) Light Alfredo Sauce ( or try out MOMables Homemade Alfredo Sauce)
1 and 1/3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
salt and pepper to taste.
1. Place squash on a rimmed baking sheet. Make 2-3 vents in the squash by poking deep slits with a sharp knife. Bake in oven for 60-65 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
2. Cut squash in half, length wise, and scoop out seeds.
3. With a fork, shred the inside of the squash, forming your “spaghetti noodles”. Season with a little salt and pepper.
4. Now add in 1/4 cup of Alfredo sauce to each squash half. Mix well until all your squash noodles are covered. Top with 1/3 cup of shredded cheese.
5. Place squash under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until bubbly and melted.