This is the first week of our Summer season and the weather seems to have changed seasons as well – from cool and rainy last week to warm and sunny this week. Remember we have eggs, ground beef, and flower arrangements you can add to your weekly produce order. Thanks to all of you continuing with us from the spring, and welcome to our new members who joined for the summer!
Here’s the expected harvest this week:
Full Share: 2 summer Squash, 2 Cucumbers, Tomatoes, Peppers, Cabbage, Green garlic, Onion, Beets, Carrots (triple portion), Thyme, Spaghetti squash, Chard, Kale, Okra, Edible flowers, Eggplant
Half Share: Summer Squash, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Eggplant or peppers, Spaghetti squash, Cabbage, Green garlic, Onion, Beets, Carrots (double portion), Thyme
Try this super simple spaghetti squash Alfredo this week!
Cheesy Spaghetti Squash Casserole (Serves 4)
– 2 spaghetti squash
– 1 jar (10-15 oz) Light Alfredo Sauce (or try MOMables Homemade Alfredo Sauce)
– 1 and 1/3 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
– salt and pepper to taste.
1. Place squash on a rimmed baking sheet. Make 2-3 vents in the squash by poking deep slits with a sharp knife. Bake in oven for 60-65 minutes at 350 degrees. Remove from oven and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
2. Cut squash in half, length wise, and scoop out seeds.
3. With a fork, shred the inside of the squash, forming your “spaghetti noodles”. Season with a little salt and pepper.
4. Now add in 1/4 cup of Alfredo sauce to each squash half. Mix well until all your squash noodles are covered. Top with 1/3 cup of shredded cheese.
5. Place squash under the broiler for 2-3 minutes until bubbly and melted.