Fall planting continues as we hope for a little rain this week. We’re grateful for the showers in the area that have reduced the temperatures a little and the clouds that shade the ground and slow the evaporation. We’ve had just a few sprinkles so far, which is more than normal for July. A downpour would be a wonderful extra blessing.
Here’s our expected harvest this week:
Full Share – Sunflower sprouts, Squash, Cucumbers, 2 Winter squash, Large Melon, Okra, Peppers (double portion), Tomatoes, Eggplant, Garlic, Onions, Basil,
Half Share – Sunflower sprouts, Squash, Cucumber, Winter squash, Melon, Okra, Peppers, Onions, Basil
- 1 medium sized spaghetti squash
- 1 t. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 t. garlic powder
- 1/8 t. black pepper
- 1/4 t. kosher salt
- 1 T. fresh flat leaf parsley
- 1 T. fresh basil
- 1 T. fresh oregano
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and spray it with cooking spray.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise, spray the flesh with cooking spray, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash on the middle rack of the oven for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the squash from the oven and let it cool long enough so that you can handle it.
- Using a fork, scrape the flesh out and put it in a bowl.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the squash and stir everything together.
- Serve immediately.